Incorporated in 2002, HD is a unique construction company with divisions in Building and Remedial Construction works; and Structural Construction Contracting, specialising in the supply and installation of permanent formwork systems.
A high percentage of HD’s resources on projects are in house, using its own staff; and owned & operated equipment to complete all trade works.
The Health & Safety of those who work either directly or indirectly for HD is of the utmost importance to Senior Management. It is our commitment to:
- Provide a safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work related injury and ill health
- Fulfil our legal requirements under WHS law and any other WHS requirements
- Eliminate hazards and reduce WHS risks
- Continually improve our Integrated Management System
- Consulting with workers and their representatives and encouraging their participation in the management system
In order to achieve this, the following objectives have been established:
- Communicating this policy to all existing employees and to new employees when they commence with HD
- Incorporating risk management into all aspects of our business
- Incorporating health and safety into our corporate governance framework
- Complying with all Health & Safety legislation and other requirements which are relevant to HD
- Making our commitment to Health and Safety visible to all interested parties
- Identifying, assessing, eliminating or controlling all potential health & safety hazards in the workplace through regular risk assessments and site safety inspections
- Learning from our mistakes, implementing corrective & preventive actions, and continually improving our management system
- Setting measurable objectives and targets which will be monitored to ensure continual improvement
- Maintaining a Management System which meets the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- Promoting workforce engagement in the development and maintenance of WHS management systems, policy and procedure.
This policy together with the measurable objectives and targets will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it remains relevant and suitable to the operations of HD.